The Good Shepherd Achieve the School Games Gold Standard Again!
We are delighted to announce that The Good Shepherd Catholic Primary School, has achieved the School Games Gold Level Mark Award for the 2018/19 academic year!
The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
Our sporting achievements this year include:
- All of our children competed out of school in a sporting competition - CAT games, ssp and ntssf competitions.
- Outstanding PE provision offered with personal challenges incorporated and inter year competitions.
- 148 KS2 children took part in extra curricular activity - encouraging those non-active through Sports Stars club.
- The school entered 24 Level 2 competitions and qualified for 3 county competitions to represent northampton!
- Increased school club links - Healthy Heroes, Premier League Stars program and Wildcats.
- 39 school sport leaders trained and implemented to support reception children.
- Active school - classroom activity increased through active school planner.
- Minimum of 42 extra curricular sports clubs offered!
HUGE COMPETITION SUCCESS:
Year 5/6 Football league winners
Year 3/4 Football league winners
Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics Town Silver medallist
Year 3/4 Hockey Town Champions and County Silver medallists
Year 5/6 Quadkids Town Silver medallists and County Bronze medallists
Year 5/6 Tag rugby league winners
Year 6 boys’ quad kids individual champion and girls overall silver medallist
Year 5/6 Cricket league winners
Year 6 boys cross country champion
Year 5 boys cross country silver medallist
Cross Country team silver medallists in Year 5 girls, Year 5 boys and Year 6 boys
As part of our application, we were asked to fulfil criteria in the areas of participation, competition, workforce and clubs, and we are pleased that the hard work of everyone at our school has been rewarded this year.
A special thanks to:
Mr Dave Royce (Hockey) Mrs McDonald (Hockey) Mr Doran (Hockey and Cross Country) Mrs Tortora (Sportshall Athletics and Quadkids Athletics) Mrs Panariello (Tag Rugby, Cricket and Hockey) Mrs Walls (Athletics) and Mr Nikel (Cross Country).
Without forgetting the huge impact Mr Flanagan and Mr Pearce have had in facilitating everything PE and physical activity in order for the school to be able to achieve the fantastic mark for the second year running.
Well done Good Shepherd!