We have put together an online learning zone to help you and your family learn from home during the Coronavirus/Covid-19 school closures.
On the right hand side of the screen you will see different year group folders as well as a PE folder from Mr Pearce, a SEND folder from Miss Green and an RE folder from Miss Smith. Each folder contains a suggested home learning timetable as well as other resources that teachers will continue to update over time. We have also included a link to our 'Online Safety' page which has lots of fantastic tools to help you keep your child safe online.
As a school, we are encouraging pupils to use Purple Mash, this system allows teachers to set and view children's work. Log in to Purple Mash, here - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/thegood-nn2 .
Please find a helpful Purple Mash video guide below from Mrs Dodds, as well as some guidance documents. If you cannot locate your child's Purple Mash log in, please contact the school office via e-mail at email@example.com.
Children can also practice their times tables via TT Rockstars, this is something they have been using at school and should also have a log in for this. Log in here - https://ttrockstars.com/.
The trust have purchased an English and Maths platform called IXL. Login to IXL, here - www.ixl.com/signin/olicatschools.
If you do not have a login for the above learning platforms, please contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some useful links to external websites that are also offering fantastic resources during this time.
Video 1: How to check and compete your daily/weekly tasks on PurpleMash
Video 2 : (cont.)How to check and compete your daily/weekly tasks on PurpleMash
Video 3 : (cont.)How to check and compete your daily/weekly tasks on PurpleMash
Video 4: How to find your class blog on PurpleMash:
- IXL Home Learning Platform - www.ixl.com/signin/olicatschools
- BBC Bitesize daily lessons https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
- Oak National Academy https://www.thenational.academy/
- Purple Mash https://www.purplemash.com/sch/thegood-nn2
- Cosmic Kids yoga: https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Roald Dahl HQ - https://www.roalddahl.com/things-to-do-indoors
- Oxford Reading Owls: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Free audible books - stories.audible.com
- David Walliam's reads each day at 11am - https://bit.ly/AudioElevenses
- Free creative writing sessions with children's authors - www.authorfy.com/join
- Help with Phonics for KS1 children - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Great Phonics YouTube video - https://youtu.be/ndiI5wL1LeQ
- ICT games: https://www.ictgames.com/
- Top Marks games - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
- Ideas for physical activity: https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities and https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks2-collection/zr4ky9q
- SATS paper examples https://www.satspapersguide.co.uk/
- Children’s news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/news/watch_newsround
- TT Rockstars: https://ttrockstars.com/
- Nrich maths investigations and problem solving: https://nrich.maths.org/
- Free maths lesson videos - http://www.iseemaths.com/home-lessons/
- Daily maths lessons - http://www.whiterosemaths.com/homelearning
- Carol Vorderman's Maths Factor - www.themathsfactor.com
- White Rose Maths - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
- Year 6 Resource Hub - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18_sJOln10RS9QC0xWyJwWBK0K6HWUwsi
- Activity worksheets for all ages to support online safety - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/
Stay at home activities for children and young people form RCPCH - https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/resources/stay-home-activities-children-young-people#downloadBox
Well-being resources from HeartSmart - https://www.heartsmart.family/
Actors reading books out alongside great illustrations - https://www.storylineonline.net/
Useful resources and work sheets for children of all ages - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/
Practical science activities - https://explorify.wellcome.ac.uk/
Be Smart Online Safety video lessons - https://www.childnet.com/resources/video-lessons
STEM learning remote lessons - https://www.stem.org.uk/remote-lessons
Hope in the time of Coronavirus – CAFOD’s First National Assembly | CAFOD - https://youtu.be/Fk8XTLhvL0s