We have put together an online learning zone to help you and your family learn from home during the Coronavirus/Covid-19 school/bubble closures.
On the right hand side of the screen you will see different year group folders as well as a PE folder from Mr Pearce, a SEND folder from Miss Green and an RE folder from Miss Smith. Each folder contains a suggested home learning timetable as well as other resources that teachers will continue to update over time. We have also included a link to our 'Online Safety' page which has lots of fantastic tools to help you keep your child safe online.
As a school, we are encouraging pupils to use Purple Mash and IXL.
- Log in to Purple Mash, here - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/thegood-nn2 .
- Login to IXL, here - www.ixl.com/signin/olicatschools.
Children can also practice their times tables via TT Rockstars, this is something they have been using at school and should also have a log in for this. Log in here - https://ttrockstars.com/.
If you do not have a login for the above learning platforms, please contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some useful links to external websites that are also offering fantastic resources during this time.
Video 1: How to check and compete your daily/weekly tasks on PurpleMash
Video 2 : (cont.)How to check and compete your daily/weekly tasks on PurpleMash
Video 3 : (cont.)How to check and compete your daily/weekly tasks on PurpleMash
Video 4: How to find your class blog on PurpleMash:
- IXL Home Learning Platform - www.ixl.com/signin/olicatschools
- BBC Bitesize daily lessons https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
- Oak National Academy https://www.thenational.academy/
- Purple Mash https://www.purplemash.com/sch/thegood-nn2
- Cosmic Kids yoga: https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Roald Dahl HQ - https://www.roalddahl.com/things-to-do-indoors
- Oxford Reading Owls: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Free audible books - stories.audible.com
- David Walliam's reads each day at 11am - https://bit.ly/AudioElevenses
- Free creative writing sessions with children's authors - www.authorfy.com/join
- Help with Phonics for KS1 children - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Great Phonics YouTube video - https://youtu.be/ndiI5wL1LeQ
- ICT games: https://www.ictgames.com/
- Top Marks games - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
- Ideas for physical activity: https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities and https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks2-collection/zr4ky9q
- SATS paper examples https://www.satspapersguide.co.uk/
- Children’s news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/news/watch_newsround
- TT Rockstars: https://ttrockstars.com/
- Nrich maths investigations and problem solving: https://nrich.maths.org/
- Free maths lesson videos - http://www.iseemaths.com/home-lessons/
- Daily maths lessons - http://www.whiterosemaths.com/homelearning
- Carol Vorderman's Maths Factor - www.themathsfactor.com
- White Rose Maths - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
- Year 6 Resource Hub - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18_sJOln10RS9QC0xWyJwWBK0K6HWUwsi
- Activity worksheets for all ages to support online safety - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/
Stay at home activities for children and young people form RCPCH - https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/resources/stay-home-activities-children-young-people#downloadBox
Well-being resources from HeartSmart - https://www.heartsmart.family/
Actors reading books out alongside great illustrations - https://www.storylineonline.net/
Useful resources and work sheets for children of all ages - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/
Practical science activities - https://explorify.wellcome.ac.uk/
Be Smart Online Safety video lessons - https://www.childnet.com/resources/video-lessons
STEM learning remote lessons - https://www.stem.org.uk/remote-lessons
Hope in the time of Coronavirus – CAFOD’s First National Assembly | CAFOD - https://youtu.be/Fk8XTLhvL0s