Home Learning - Covid-19
We have put together an online learning zone to help you and your family learn from home during the Coronavirus/Covid-19 pandemic.
In the event of a Bubble closure or whole school closure, children have been issued with their Microsoft Teams login. Please keep this safe and await further information. www.teams.microsoft.com
As a school, we are encouraging pupils to use IXL to complete their age appropriate Maths and English tasks. They can also use PurpleMash, Oak Academy and White Rose Maths (links below).
- Log in to Purple Mash, here - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/thegood-nn2 .
- Login to IXL, here - www.ixl.com/signin/olicatschools.
Children can also practice their times tables via TT Rockstars, this is something they have been using at school and should also have a log in for this. Log in here - https://ttrockstars.com/.
If you do not have a login for the above learning platforms, please contact the school office at email@example.com.
Below are some useful links to external websites that are also offering fantastic resources during this time.
Please click the link HERE to view guidance for parents and carers in regards to Microsoft Teams
Video 1: How to check and compete your daily/weekly tasks on PurpleMash
Video 2 : (cont.)How to check and compete your daily/weekly tasks on PurpleMash
Video 3 : (cont.)How to check and compete your daily/weekly tasks on PurpleMash
Video 4: How to find your class blog on PurpleMash:
- IXL Home Learning Platform - www.ixl.com/signin/olicatschools
- BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/this-terms-topics
- Oak National Academy https://www.thenational.academy/
- Purple Mash https://www.purplemash.com/sch/thegood-nn2
- White Rose Maths - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
- Cosmic Kids yoga: https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Roald Dahl HQ - https://www.roalddahl.com/things-to-do-indoors
- Oxford Reading Owls: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Free audible books - stories.audible.com
- David Walliam's reads each day at 11am - https://bit.ly/AudioElevenses
- Free creative writing sessions with children's authors - www.authorfy.com/join
- Help with Phonics for KS1 children - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Great Phonics YouTube video - https://youtu.be/ndiI5wL1LeQ
- ICT games: https://www.ictgames.com/
- Top Marks games - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
- Ideas for physical activity: https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities and https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks2-collection/zr4ky9q
- SATS paper examples https://www.satspapersguide.co.uk/
- Children’s news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/news/watch_newsround
- TT Rockstars: https://ttrockstars.com/
- Nrich maths investigations and problem solving: https://nrich.maths.org/
- Free maths lesson videos - http://www.iseemaths.com/home-lessons/
- Daily maths lessons - http://www.whiterosemaths.com/homelearning
- Carol Vorderman's Maths Factor - www.themathsfactor.com
- Year 6 Resource Hub - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18_sJOln10RS9QC0xWyJwWBK0K6HWUwsi
- Activity worksheets for all ages to support online safety - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/
Stay at home activities for children and young people form RCPCH - https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/resources/stay-home-activities-children-young-people#downloadBox
Well-being resources from HeartSmart - https://www.heartsmart.family/
Actors reading books out alongside great illustrations - https://www.storylineonline.net/
Useful resources and work sheets for children of all ages - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/
Practical science activities - https://explorify.wellcome.ac.uk/
Be Smart Online Safety video lessons - https://www.childnet.com/resources/video-lessons
STEM learning remote lessons - https://www.stem.org.uk/remote-lessons
Hope in the time of Coronavirus – CAFOD’s First National Assembly | CAFOD - https://youtu.be/Fk8XTLhvL0s