School Mission Team
‘Go and make disciples of all nations.’
Each September at The Good Shepherd, Year 5 and 6 students, of any faith or none, are invited to join the School Mission Team; a group of children who meet each week to act as prayer leaders. Their role is to inspire and encourage others to live out and respect the school mission and Virtues, to live by their words and actions and to learn more about prayer and the Virtues of Jesus.
The meetings vary each week, but always include a reflection, along with a praise and worship song as the group gathers, and a prayer, often led by one or more of the children.
The Mission Team is about following Jesus in all I say and do. I really enjoy playing the piano during worship, but sometimes I am a bit scared. My role in the Mission Team is to help plan and prepare the whole school worship.
We are the Mission Team and we help others to be closer to God. We all deserve to be treated in our own ways. My role is to look after and count the Virtue Tokens.
The Mission Team is a group where we focus on God and learn about His Son, Jesus. My role in the Mission Team is to help plan and prepare whole school worship. I would like to help other students be closer to God.
The Mission Team always look out for eachother and if someone is hurt or sad, you can reply on one of us to give a helping hand. My role is to look after and count the Virtue Tokens.
We all follow God in our own way and we all should treat people as we would like to be treated. My role is to look after and count the Virtue Tokens.
The Mission Team is a team you can trust, a team where if you need something one of us will always be there for you. We always follow God in our ways. My role is to look after the Chapel and welcome other children to pray and worship there.
I really like the Mission Team because I get to learn about God. My role in the Mission Team is to run a club for Key Stage One to teach them more about God in the Chapel.
The Mission Team is about teaching others the Gospel and our school mission statement. We want others to learn more about Jesus. My role in the Mission Team is to help plan and prepare the whole school worship.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Mission Team
- Being aware of the changing liturgical seasons, visiting classrooms to help with monitoring of the liturgical colours and seasonal prayers for the RE tables.
- Learning about and experiencing types of prayer, for example Lectio Divina and the Examen; then going to each class to share the prayer with the other children.
- Planning and leading assemblies.
- Preparing for Mass e.g. setting up the Mass, reading etc.
- Representing The Good Shepherd at the annual Diocesan School’s Mass and taking part in the Advent and Lent Services at Northampton Cathedral by learning hymns, prayers and readings.
- Discussing ideas about how to further involve the school in Ethos activities.
- Learning about Current Church happenings.
- Helping to organise and lead key initiatives e.g. ‘March a Mile for Mission’ and the Shoebox Appeal.
Our Mission Team is lead by Miss D Smith.